Sunday, February 12, 2012






Dear Uncle Jaykesh: My boyfriend and i have been talking for almost 2 years and have been dating and living together for less than a year and  here I am 7 months pregnant and about getting married but all we do is argue. He constantly holds that over my head and picks on me all the time causing arguments. He will come home from work and argue with me because the house isn't spotless, or any other little reason he can come up with. I don't feel like he loves me anymore. When I try to turn him on he usually tells me he is too tired or he will tune all his attention to the TV and completely ignore me. I don't know where to go from here, we are both expecting our first child and I feel like he regrets getting me pregnant even though it was planned, I feel like he hates me and I am just at my wits end trying to figure out how to please him anymore. Confused Lady dar



Dear confused lady: I'm sorry you are in this situation. If he tries to make a fight out of it then tell him you don't want to fight but to talk. It might take some time to get him to calm down but it would be worth it. You might as well face up to his unwillingness to get married and his disappointment with the upcoming birth. Although you never know he may be very happy to be a father once the child is born. Perhaps you should mention that arguing is bad for the baby.



Dear Uncle Jaykesh: There’s this girl that really caught my eye at my job place, but there’s things that worries me and confuses me in if I should be feeling like this, she looks about my age 20 /23 maybe. She is pretty shy, she been working a lot longer at work and doesn’t talk too much. But we do talk well I’m asking advice in what I should do in getting closer, because I don’t want to get too close if its nothing & well I’m not what exactly to do…Richard Arusha


Dear Richard:  Don't try to do anything too fast. She is shy and might be scared off. Instead do subtle things like saying hi with her name and give her a big smile. Do this a few times a day and she will start to notice you more. Find out more about her like where she lives and tell her where you live. See if you have any common interests and if you do ask her out once you know her better. Compliment her hair or dress and see if she likes it. If she does, do it more. Use your imaginations well..

Dear Uncle Jaykesh: My name is Fatma  recently I emailed one of my guy friends and told him that I am starting to like him more than a friend however still really value our relationship. He has not written me back or really talked to me about it. However we see each other almost every day. I guess I don't know how to act around him anymore. I find it difficult to be myself and joke around with him. I just don't know what to say to him. Any advice uncle. Fatma Dar


Dear Fatma:  You feel uncomfortable because you know that he doesn't feel the same way about you as you feel about him. About the only thing to do is to remain friends and start talking and joking with him again. It may be a struggle to do so, but it's in your best interest. Be bold and air your feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment